L'ARIOSA PECORINO Abruzzo Pecorino DOC 2020
Pecorino is one of the most ancient regional white . grape varieties. Its name, in fact, seems to have been given due to the transhumance (the seasonal migration of the flocks guided by the shepherds on the Abruzzo mountains) which was happening in the same period of this grape ripening time and it is said that sheeps were greedy by the small berries of these sweet grapes.
L'Ariosa is instead the name with which, since ever, the peculiar and uncontaminated area of lands stretched out on the sea of the Trabocchi Coast has been identified, characterized by fresh and sandy soils, rich in a distinctly marine minerality and microclimate mitigated by constant sea breeze.
In each vintage, this wine interprets this fortunate production area with utmost expressiveness, giving us faithful interpretations of terroir and revealing wonderful savory sensations and enveloping aromatic and gustatory intensity. Its evolution over time is remarkable.
Technical information :
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Pecorino
- VINIFICATION: crushing, cryomaceration, soft pressing. Thermo-controlled low temperature fermentation in steel
- AGEING: steel 2 months, bottle at least 2 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: straw yellow with golden reflections. Bouquet with intense hints of exotic fruit, citrus, white peach. Sapid and of remarkable structure on the palate, good persistence with a slightly almond tail
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 12 ° C
- FOOD PAIRINGS: seafood dishes with balanced flavors but rich in taste perceptions: first courses with fish sauce, marinated fish cooked on the grill, fish balls with sauce, cheeses, elaborate white meat dishes
- TO DRINK: bottled in purity, Pecorino reveals over the years an interesting evolutionary path: time enhances, in fact, its natural vocation to the complexity of olfactory notes and to the harmonic richness perceived on the palate. Among the white wines to keep and follow over time
- AGEING POTENTIAL: 5-10 years
2019 : a greater acidity characterized this vintage, making the complex structure typical of this grape more toned, fresh and captivating. Compared to the usual combinations, we suggest experimenting with seafood salads, first courses with seafood, raw marinated fish, fish millefeuille.
2018 : a particularly balanced vintage, which characterized the wine for a surprising overall harmony both on an olfactory and gustatory level. This peculiarity of the vintage tends to strengthen in the evolutionary temporal path, allowing combinations with seafood dishes with balanced flavors but rich in taste perceptions: first courses with fish sauce, marinated fish cooked on the grill, fish balls with sauce.
2017 : probably one of the best vintages of last decade for Pecorino grapes. An extremely hot and dry year, which in our quality viticulture has enhanced the richness and concentration of the fruit resulting in a wine of cloying aromatic and gustatory complexity. Aging over time enriches and wonderfully evolves the overall organoleptic profile, requiring for this wine combinations of greater structural complexity: broths and fish soups, stuffed mussels, structured fish dishes, white meats (rabbit, baked chicken), aged cheeses .
To see all its awards, CLICK HERE