LA CARRATA Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC 2017
Years of expert research and patient waiting are preserved in every sip of this wine.
Each vintage of the best selection of an ancient and rare Montepulciano clone, grown in the oldest family vineyards, undergoes a long refinement completed in French oak barriques.
After meticulous experimentation, today we are able to obtain in La Carrata a varied and balanced complexity of fruity and spicy aromatic notes, accompanied by a full and velvety enveloping on the palate. A wine to share and combine with important dishes and occasions, or to jealously guard and savor alone, in a moment of meditation.
VARIETY: 100% Montepulciano
- VINIFICATION: crushing, fermentative maceration at controlled temperature for 15-20 days in steel, racking.
- AGING: steel for 30 months, barriques 225 lt 12 months, bottle at least 9 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: clear ruby bone with garnet reflections. Releases hints of red fruit in alcohol, elegant spiciness, delicate toasting. Persistent and full-bodied, velvety tannins
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16- 18 ° C. It is advisable to open at least half an hour before tasting, preferably by oxygenating in the decanter or to allow the glass to oxygenate a few minutes before tasting the wine.
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: first dishes based on game, truffles, mushrooms, red meats and game with elaborated cooking. Excellent as a meditation wine
- TO DRINK: starting from the current marketing years, which the company releases only when the wine begins to express its qualitative potential optimally. The further refinement time in the bottle enriches the range of perceptions, characterizing the wine in greater maturity and overall organoleptic elegance.
- AGING POTENTIAL: 10-15 years
For all acknowledgments, CLICK HERE