LA CARRATA Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC 2015
Years of wise research and patient waiting are preserved in every sip of this wine.
Each vintage of the best selection of an ancient and rare clone of Montepulciano, grown in our oldest Family vineyards, goes through a long fining process, completed in French oak barriques.
After meticulous experiments, today we are able to obtain in La Carrata a variegated and balanced complexity of fruity and spicy aromatic notes, accompanied by a full and velvety enveloping on the palate. A wine to share and combine with important dishes and occasions, or to jealously keep and enjoy on yourself, in a relaxing meditation moment.
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Montepulciano
- VINIFICATION: crushing, fermentative maceration at controlled temperature for 15-20 days in steel, racking.
- AGEING: steel for 30 months, barriques 225 lt 12 months, bottle at least 9 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: clear ruby red with garnet reflections. Free hints of red fruit in alcohol, elegant spiciness, delicate toasting. Persistent and full-bodied, enveloping velvety tannins
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16- 18 ° C. It is advisable to open the bottle at least half an hour before tasting, preferably by oxygenating in a decanter or in alternative letting the glass take some oxygenate a few minutes before tasting the wine.
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: first dishes based on game, truffles, mushrooms, red and wild meats (game) elaborated. Excellent as a meditation wine
- TO DRINK: starting from the current vintages released, marking the moment when the wine begins to express its qualitative potential optimally. The further refinement time in the bottle enriches the range of perceptions, characterizing the wine in greater maturity and overall organoleptic elegance.
- AGEING POTENTIAL: 10-15 years
See all the awards, CLICK HERE