LA GRONDAIA Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC 2016
In one of the oldest family properties, a hilly vineyard overlooking the sea, an ancient and rare clone of Montepulciano took house, growing the grapes dedicated to the production of La Grondaia.
Hilly, clayey lands rich in minerals and skeleton, expertly cultivated according to a project that is extremely attentive to quality, using always the old traditional agricultural methods, give us back today grapes with a unique and peculiar identity.
La Grondaia faithfully preserves and reveals the distinctive features of a great grape variety which, worked with wisdom on a highly suited terroir, makes a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo wine of rare elegance and linearity, whose genuine integrity of the fruit guarantees an interesting longevity. Certainly to be counted among the most distinctive and representative references of our production.
Technical information :
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Montepulciano
- VINIFICATION: crushing, fermentative maceration at controlled temperature for 15-20 days in steel, racking.
- AGEING: steel 36 months, bottle at least 6 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: r ruby bone with violet reflections. Complex aroma, red fruit with spicy notes. Elegant, decisive, full-bodied palate; finely balanced tannins, good persistence
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 ° C. It is advisable to open at least half an hour before tasting, preferably by oxygenating in the decanter or in alternative let the glass being oxygenate a few minutes before tasting the wine.
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: meat or vegetables first courses, minced meat, roasts and flavored meats grilled or baked, aged cheeses. Can't avoid to report as excellent pairing Abruzzo arrostici!
- TO DRINK: the best peculiarities are appreciated starting from the current vintage released, indicating the moment when the wine begins to optimally express its qualitative potential. The further ageing time in the bottle enhances the complexity and organoleptic maturation of the wine, enriching it with spicy and tertiary hints and gustatory elegance.
- AGEING POTENTIAL: 10-15 years
To see all the awards, CLICK HERE