L'ARIOSA COCOCCIOLA Abruzzo Cococciola DOC 2020
Cococciola is an ancient, peculiar but still little known grape variety of our region, quite exclusive of our production province, Chieti.
Since the early 2000s we have planted and rediscovered this grape variety with great satisfaction, cultivating in our marine estates in L'Ariosa, a pure vineyards' area lying on the sea of the Trabocchi Coast, characterized by fresh and sandy soils, rich in a distinctly marine minerality and microclimate mitigated by the constant sea breeze.
The wine we get is extremely unique and strongly identifying; it is characterized by its delicate fruity (green apples, pears) and aromatic herbs (mint) on the nose, while revealing a surprising and more marked personality on the palate: a wine of extreme freshness, sapidity and appreciable acidity. An authentic sip of the sea on a hot summer day, a truly original and peculiar wine you should try once.
Technical information :
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Cococciola
- VINIFICATION: crushing, soft pressing. Thermo-controlled low temperaure fermentation in steel
- AGING: steel 3 months, bottle 2 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: delicate straw yellow with subtle greenish reflections. Hints of pear, apple, white-fleshed fruit and herbaceous and almond nuances. On the palate, shows remarkable freshness and flavor, the characteristic acid note of this vine stands out, cleansing and degreasing on the palate
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10 ° C
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: excellent with raw fish, fish first courses and fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh and aged cheeses, battered vegetables and fried fish. Excellent with sushi
- TO DRINK: in the current vintages, its pleasant and identifying freshness and acidity are appreciated. Aging develops a more finely balanced and mature connotation, changing an evoluted profile of this truly peculiar wine.
- AGING POTENTIAL: 3-5 years
See all the awards, CLICK HERE