MARCANTONIO Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo DOC 2020
Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo is counted among the wines most deeply linked to the Abruzzese peasant tradition. Its production was in fact widespread in rural areas and mainly for summer consumption, as a refreshment during hard work in the hot fields.
Marcantonio is the name of the hilly estates where we grow the grapes for this bottle vinification, purchased from our family from a well-known local landowner whose historical residences can still be found between the provinces of Chieti and Pescara.
Cerasuolo today represents one of the most characterizing wines of our production, which continues going towards growing appreciation, giving us wonderful satisfactions and above all sensations: from the pleasant aromas of small red fruits, to the fresh, savory, mineral and decisive palate. It is a wine of great versatility, to drink for an aperitif or at the table for a pairing that keeps everyone agreeding: we always say 'If you can't choose a specific wine, choose Cerasuolo, it will be for sure a great pairing!'
Technical information :
- VINIFICATION: white vinification of red grapes only . Thermo-controlled fermentation at low temperatures in steel tanks
- AGING: steel 2 months, bottle 2 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: cherry pink color with delicate cherry reflections. Bouquet of red flowers, typical and varied hints of small red fruits. Fresh and elegant palate, clean and savory with an almond finish to recall the character of the grape variety of origin
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 12 ° C
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: among the most versatile wines, it lends itself to multiple combinations: from land and sea appetizers, cured meats and cheeses, to fish and white meats, delicately cooked roasts; excellent with fish or legume soups, a 'must try' with... Pizza!
- TO DRINK: to drink preferably in young years, to appreciate the peculiar organoleptic freshness of the wine.
- AGING POTENTIAL: 1-3 years
See all the awards, CLICK HERE