SANTA CLARA Trebbiano d'Abruzzo DOC 2019
For long time Trebbiano represented, in Abruzzo as in our company, the only traditional proposal of white berries cultivars. The name chosen Santa Clara is linked, as the grape hisotry, to the roots of our family history as it is dedicated to the mother and eldest daughter of Tommaso.
Trebbiano is the only white grape variety that we have chosen to cultivate on hilly soils, with a clayey character and a drier and sunnier microclimate.
We have always believed in the incredible potential of this grape variety which, if worked according to quality criteria, manages to deliver one of the most harmonious, balanced and long-ageing white wines of our production.
Technical information :
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Trebbiano
- VINIFICATION: crushing, cryomaceration, soft pressing. Thermo-controlled low temperature fermentation in steel
- AGEING: steel 2 months, bottle at least 2 months
- ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS: straw yellow. Intense bouquet of fresh flowers with hints of white-fleshed fruit and typical vegetal notes. Soft and elegant on the palate, with an unique and identifing gustatory balance. Fresh and persistent structure.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 12 ° C
- GASTRONOMIC PAIRINGS: the balance makes this wine perfectly matched: wonderfully expressing as aperitif wine with cheeses and cured meats, hot appetizers, delicate meat dishes, vegetables and fish with cooking that enhances delicate tasting notes
- TO DRINK: for this wine you can appreciate in young vintages the freshness of the fruity and floral olfactory notes and the peculiar gustatory balance. Sensations that are enriched with enveloping maturity, complexity and structured fruity notes by ageing for many years
- AGEING POTENTIAL: 3-5 years
See all the awards, CLICK HERE